Thursday, June 14, 2012

Baby Stats - 24 months


Colton's 24 month check-up
Appointment on: 6/12/2012

Guess the title of this post should really be Toddler Stats, but I'll continue to be anal and just keep with the "Baby" Stats routine.

Age: 24 months and 9 days old (on date of blog entry) - His birthday is June 5th

Weight: 27.6 lbs. (50th percentile) - - He’s not a big eater

Length: 34 inches (50th percentile)

Head Circumference: 50 cm {21 inches} (75th to 90th percentile)

Diaper: Size 5 –Pampers brand – Cruisers (during the day) and Pampers Extra Protection Size 6 (at bedtime). Although, I just bought him some Pampers Easy Ups Trainers (size 3T-4T)

Clothing:   He’s wearing 24-months/2T depending on the brand/type of outfit

Shoes: Size 6.  He does NOT like to wear anything other than his Keds sneakers.  No slippers, no crocs, no anything with a Velcro closure…nothing!

Liquids: Skim milk and juice. He’s not a big fan of milk, but he will drink it in the morning.  I switched juice brands.  Now I buy Mott’s for Tots juice…it’s pre-diluted 100% juice and it has 40% less sugar and no artificial sweetener.

Amount: He loves “duice” (juice) and he will usually drink an 8 oz. or 10 oz. sippy cup size at a time (maybe 3 times a day)
 
Food: Wish I could tell you he’s broken out of the picky eater stage.  Unfortunately, he hasn’t.  He loves “bock-bock” (chicken).  In fact, one of his favorite dishes is chicken with rice, broccoli and cheese.  Friday nights are pizza night in our household and sometimes he eats more slices than my 9 year old!  Off the top of my head I can tell you that he enjoys peanut butter and jelly, goldfish crackers, waffles, corn, taco meat, sausage, bacon, mashed potatoes, grapes, mandarin oranges, and apples.

Sleeping Habits: He sleeps through the night and only once in awhile wakes up and asks for a sip of “duice” (juice).  He still uses a pacifier (or “pappy” as he calls it) when he takes a nap or goes to bed at night.  However, this momma slips it out of his mouth once he’s fallen asleep.
 
What He's Doing/How He's Progressing:  OMG! What isn’t he doing?!!  Good and bad…LOL!  Aside from him being my outdoors loving, book loving, puzzle loving, animal sound loving, building block loving child, he is also definitely my button pushing, climbing up and jumping, wiggly, jiggly, running through the house, won’t stay still to change/put clothes on/take clothes off, loves to say the word, “No!” child. To put it simply, he is absolutely the complete OPPOSITE of my 9 year old son.  But then I think, isn’t every mother of more than one child given a meritorious, you made it through this stage award with at least one of her children?!!  Well, my friends, Colton has officially qualified me as a finalist for that award…LOL!  However, for as many things that he does to try my patience, he does just as many that make me melt at the cuteness and sincerity of caring he puts behind the action.  So while I dread the mornings he does nothing but whine (just for the sake of whining) I love, love, love those mornings when he wakes up all smiley and runs up to me, plants a great big, wet smooch right on my lips, points to the T.V. and says, “ELMO, Momma, I sit!”  Yep, we’ve got a huge Sesame Street fan in the household.  He’s also in an über inquisitive stage now too.  You know the stage.  The one where, “Whas dis? or “Whas dat?”  is the question he inevitably poses for every item, every noise, every EV-ER-Y-THING he sees/hears/comes into contact with.  I know that’s all a part of learning and by golly, this kid is learning a lot…LOL!!!  Speaking of which, he’s moved into a new class at daycare and they are starting to potty train…fun, fun, fun.  In the meantime, he remains my very active 2 year old who promises to keep this soon-to-be 46 year old Mom very, very young (at heart)…my body stamina and agility, not so much!

Vaccines He's Received To Date: Hepatatis B, DTaP (Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis), Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae Type b), IPV (Polio), Prevnar/PCV 13 (Pneumococcal Conjugate), RotaTeq (Rotavirus), Flu, Varivax (chiken pox), Hepatitus A, and MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella).  No more immunizations until he’s 5 years old…YIPPEEE!!!

If you want to read about, compare/contrast Colton’s 18 month stats, click here.

No comments: